Yummy!!! Each of the daycare girls emptied their cups. Since I knew there was celery in it I could tell a little but it didn’t deter me from drinking mine. Troy didn’t know what was in it but said there was a flavor he couldn’t pin point. However he drank it too. Final vote…try it! You’ll be surprised and those kiddos will get a serving of fruit and vegetable at snack time.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Another addition of sneaking vegetables
Most kids love fruit. Most kids love smoothies. But a lot of kids are picky about vegetables. Why not sneak vegetables into a smoothie. Green smoothies are all the rage on the blogs that I read. You essentially make a smoothie as you normally would and add spinach. Troy and I have made them before and enjoyed them. You really don’t taste the spinach but they do end up green in color. Sevea wasn’t a fan of smoothies until recently. So she has yet to try the spinach kind but I recently read about someone putting celery in a smoothie. What do you know we had celery, strawberries, frozen banana, and yogurt all just waiting to be used. The result:

Yummy!!! Each of the daycare girls emptied their cups. Since I knew there was celery in it I could tell a little but it didn’t deter me from drinking mine. Troy didn’t know what was in it but said there was a flavor he couldn’t pin point. However he drank it too. Final vote…try it! You’ll be surprised and those kiddos will get a serving of fruit and vegetable at snack time.
Yummy!!! Each of the daycare girls emptied their cups. Since I knew there was celery in it I could tell a little but it didn’t deter me from drinking mine. Troy didn’t know what was in it but said there was a flavor he couldn’t pin point. However he drank it too. Final vote…try it! You’ll be surprised and those kiddos will get a serving of fruit and vegetable at snack time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment