We’re at the half way mark. And boy oh boy I am not ready for the next 6 months to fly by. These first six sure did and I know those next 6 go even faster. Better start planning that 1st birthday party now, haha!
We’ve really fallen into a groove with Brynna and more and more she feels like apart of the family. I think many times we just felt like we had two kids and a baby. The older she gets the more our family feels complete. We can envision three kids running around together and laughing together, but also three kids getting in trouble together and making messes together. We see more and more that adding Brynna to the family while may make more work for us definitely adds a ton more fun as well.
Last month I talked about how Brynna learned to roll over from her back to her belly. She often doesn’t stay on her back long these days. And then when she gets on her belly she tends to make her way all over. She either scoots backwards or rolls from here to there. She doesn’t have purpose in her movements yet though. I really don’t know if I am ready for her to be mobile! She’s gaining strength by practicing her planks and trying to pull herself up on her knees.
For as much as she burns energy learning new physical skills, she just doesn’t have the interest in eating baby food to replenish that energy. It is a struggle to get her to eat. Our next step is trying table food. We’ll keep trying baby food as well. The doctor said that if she doesn’t take to either she might have to do speech therapy. Interesting since you wouldn’t automatically link the two at first but I can see how they are connected. The doctor isn’t concerned about her weight but since she isn’t taking to solids he isn’t surprised she’s still waking up often at night. Her weight was 14 lbs 12oz (24%) and height 24.75 inches (11%). I was a little surprised that her height dropped in percentile so much. She only grew half an inch in the last two months. Since she’s still only nursing I’m hoping she is getting enough nutrition. The doctor wasn’t worried at all so I’m trying not to.
She seemed like she might get another tooth this month but nothing. She gave us a lot of funny faces that seemed like it might be because of teething but nope. She still has just three on the bottom. And the funny faces have since vanished.
Funny faces or not, we very much look forward to the days ahead this next month. Each day with her is a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment