| We decided to mix two colors together to make a swirled effect. After playing with it she then rolled it out. |
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Christmas fun: Ornaments!
I love trees filled with ornaments that have special meaning. It never gets old looking at ornaments that someone received each year as they grew up. Every Christmas I look over the Appeldorn tree that Troy grew up with and it never gets old. It is fun seeing new ornaments that his mom gets every year and remembering the stories of the old. I loved this idea so much that when Troy and I became a family I knew I wanted my tree to be more personalized rather than just random bulbs or ornaments. So every year Troy gets me an ornament as well as now our children. We also get an ornament from his parents. Looking at all the ornaments as we put them on the tree is one of the highlights of Christmas (it is the little things after all!). So when my mom requested ornaments to be handmade from each grandchild I was in love with the idea. What a fun thing for us parents to do with our kids and what a nice thing to be able to give to the grandparents. So many options of things to do but I ended up doing one that used a play doh like product. I had never heard of Model Magic before but it is very similar to clay or play doh but it dries hard and is very easy and fun to play with. It was a simple project yet provided an hour of fun afterward. This = success in my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute Cute! And I just love that silly little girl. She always has her feet playing with something.
ReplyDelete