Friday, December 9, 2011

I smell something...

Kids say the cutest things. It seems like they always say things to remind you to not take life too seriously. The other night was certainly one of these moments. We put Sevea down for the night. She has entered the stalling stage at bedtime so we often hear from her after we have said good night. This particular night Troy and I had settled in on the couch and popped some popcorn. A few minutes later we hear Sevea saying something. Troy goes to check in on her and remind her "sternly" it is time to go to bed. No delays. His attempt at being stern went out the window very quick. Sevea: Sniffs the air. "I smell something." Sniffs the air a few more times. "Yep, I smell something. I smell something yummy. I smell something very yummy." How can you not crack a smile and just be thankful for the little things.
We love you silly girl and are thankful for every moment we get to share with you, 
even when you should be going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. So maybe I shouldn't read your blog at work. I don't know how well laughing out loud at work goes over. LOL Oh my goodness, I think I would have peeded my pants laughing had I been there in person.

    ReplyDelete