Normally that delicious T-bone steak would have been the highlight of this meal. But the brussels sprouts stole the show. Now I grew up eating brussels sprouts every now and then. I can't say they were something I wanted to eat but after college I decided to give them another try. Troy is a great sport about trying anything and everything new I make. So we made steamed brussels sprouts and thought they were good but needed lots of salt and butter. Hence making them not the healthiest option which in all honesty is why we decided to eat them in the first place. Now we can enjoy our brussels sprouts and be healthy about it at the same time. You honestly have got to try this. Don't be discouraged brussels sprouts haters. They are totally different cooked with this method. Go ahead, give it a try!!
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Source
SkinnyTaste
Ingredients:
- 2 oz pancetta, minced (You could totally use bacon as well)
- 2 lb brussels sprouts (weight after outer leaves and stems removed)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or sliced thin (We used jarred garlic and just added a spoons worth)
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Directions:
With a large sharp knife, finely shred
the brussels sprouts after thoroughly washing. In a deep heavy saute pan, sauté
pancetta on medium-low heat until fat melts and pancetta becomes golden, about 5 minutes. Add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden. Add shredded brussels sprouts, salt and pepper to taste and sauté on medium-low heat for about 4-5 minutes until tender crisp.
No comments:
Post a Comment