Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Minnie Mouse turns 4!

I’ve been waiting for some pictures from a daycare parent to post about Sevea’s birthday party. Well I’ve got them so let’s take a look at the birthday girl’s day.
IMG_4952
It was a lot of fun. I mean A LOT!! I sort of felt like I was the kid but I don’t think I was alone. Both grandma’s got in on the fun right away with the bounce house!!
IMG_4609IMG_4615IMG_4600`Q
IMG_4604
The bounce house was a huge hit. I only wish the cost of it wasn’t such a huge hit on the pocketbook. But really it added so much fun to the party. It may have to be a regular attraction at least once a year.

The FOOD!!! It is one area of party planning that I love getting creative with the theme. I was pleased with how everything came out. I think all our mouse guests were too since they nibbled their way through almost all of it.
DSC_4314DSC_4315DSC_4316DSC_4317DSC_4318DSC_4319DSC_4320DSC_4321
Once everyone’s bellies were full we moved onto games. We started with a good ol’ game of pin the bow on Minnie Mouse. The kids colored their own bow and then took it outside for their turn to put the bow on Minnie's head.
DSC_4287DSC_4299
There wasn’t really a winner to the game and the kids didn’t seem to care. They had fun and that was all that mattered. But one thing that does matter to kids….CANDY!!! We’ve entered a good age for a piñata. I made the piñata myself and tried to not use a lot of tape but the kids still had a hard time breaking it open. But they had fun hitting it and the candy was all they cared about anyway. (Making this piñata was really easy. I would totally recommend doing it yourself!)
IMG_4668 DSC_4349DSC_4354
A girl who didn’t need anything was blessed with so much. Her family and friends were so generous. She has enjoyed playing with her new toys and wearing new clothes. And we have enjoyed teaching her how to ride her new bike. At 4 years old we figured it was about time for a bike!! You’ll see in a later post she was FINALLY ready to try riding a bike.
IMG_4634IMG_4662
Of course a birthday party is not complete without cake. I was feeling a little more confident in my cake decorating/baking skills after Cohen’s caterpillar cake success. So I attempted fondant for the first time. Marshmallow fondant is known for a much better taste and supposed to be pretty easy to work with. However I didn’t know at the time that black and red are the two hardest colors to achieve. In the end I think it was a success. Yes there were cracks but with such a large cake to cover I’d say it turned out really well for my first time.
IMG_4596
IMG_4716
Happy Birthday Sevea! We wish you many more!!

1 comment: