Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween

I thought I loved Halloween because it gave me the perfect excuse to eat candy. Now I could honestly care less about the candy…it is ALL about watching the excitement of the kids trick or treating. (It is just icing on the cake that they trick or treat for candy!) Sevea gets more excited each year. I’m always surprised by her costume choices. Last year we steered her more towards certain costumes to keep her warm without possibly having to wear a coat. Well this year she had total free reign since I knew it should be more about what she wants to wear. She chose Olivia the pig from the kid show “Olivia”. She’s watched the show several times but definitely not a favorite or anything. But she loved it the minute she put it on. And she was so darn cute in it!

IMG_8982

Cohen had so much fun trick or treating this year. He ran up to each house as fast as his little legs could carry him. At one point he was huffing and puffing since he was trying to keep up with everyone. He wouldn’t say trick or treat but he made sure everyone heard him say thank you…sometimes two or three times! The fun about him being the second child is that he “grows” up just a little bit faster. He was much more into the holiday than Sevea was at his age. LOVE IT! Daddy picked out his costume but Cohen let us know he was a huge fan by checking himself out in the mirror and jumping up and down with excitement. For those of you that don’t know, he’s Mike from Monster’s University.

IMG_8986

Our third little one didn’t show excitement for the holiday but she’s only one day shy of 3 months. She’ll figure out this holiday is fun soon enough. She was content to be carried around the neighborhood and come home to hand out a little candy. She ended the night giving us some huge smiles. She filled out her bunny costume a little more than her big sister did for her first Halloween but I think they were both equally cute.

IMG_9025IMG_9026

IMG_8992IMG_8994IMG_8997IMG_9005IMG_9006IMG_9008IMG_9012IMG_9032

We ended the night with a couple pieces of candy each. And of course dumping out your haul over the table so mom and dad could choose what they wanted :)

IMG_9037

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! I totally agree that the holiday was all about the candy for me in the past but now as a parent but golly it has transformed in pure joy just seeing the excitement the kids get from filling their buckets. I think they even forget about all the candy at some point and just enjoy going from house to house.

    ReplyDelete