One Christmas tradition I am not always the best at doing is getting the kids pictures with Santa. We’ve actually only ever done it once before. There is just something not appealing to me about standing and waiting in a mall Santa line forever and then being rushed through the motions. Not to mention having to pay an arm and a leg for the picture. With Sevea getting older and more and more into all things Christmas I figured it was something I would just have to do…until we got a flyer for Emma Krumbee’s in Belle Plaine. The restaurant was having a Breakfast with Santa event. This sounded way more appealing to me. The setup was really nice. It was a really casual event where at any point during the hour and a half you could walk up to Santa and get your picture taken. There was a small breakfast served as well. The environment was so nice. I think it helped some kids feel more comfortable with seeing Santa. Cohen still wasn’t the biggest fan, but not so much because he was scary just because he was a stranger. Santa didn’t seem to care.
Sevea loved getting to tell Santa what she wanted. Her list included a La La Loopsy Doll and a princess cup. We’ll have to see if Santa grants her wish. Sevea also told me this was not real Santa. This was fake Santa just helping the real Santa since he’s busy getting all the presents ready. (I have no clue where she got this from…makes me sad since she’ll soon enough know the truth)
Brynna could have cared less about telling Santa her Christmas list. She isn’t to the stranger phase yet and absolutely loves when anyone holds her so she had no problem with Santa.
One tradition I do seem to remember is the gingerbread house. This year however Sevea decided we should decorate a tree. The box looked cute but I wasn’t quite sure it would be as good for young kids. I was right. The kids had fun but it wasn’t as easy to decorate and the candy was limited to one kind. Good thing I have sprinkles that we could use as well. Next year we’ll go back to the regular house style. In the end we still ended up with a cute not-so-straight tree.
All the stuff leading up to Christmas definitely adds to why this season is so much fun. All we have left to do now is wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment