Monday, September 22, 2014

Princess and Pirate Party

Although I was originally against doing a joint birthday party for the kids, after having Brynna I realized that it may be a really smart idea to try as long as the kids don’t mind. Sevea was really great about it and didn’t mind at all sharing the party day with Cohen. Cohen had no clue he even could throw a fit about it. So we went ahead and planned a joint party. I thought the princess and pirate themes would be easy to do jointly and while it worked it didn’t really feel like a lot less work. It was just more things I could do and things I wanted to do but never got around to doing, haha! We as parents can sometimes feel like we never do enough but at the end of the day I have to remember the smiles on the kids faces and know they had a great time. And that is all that really matters!

IMG_2759

For such a chilly start to the day we ended up with a really nice afternoon. It didn’t compare to the water day heat we experienced last year and in many ways that was very appreciated. The kids started out with a treasure hunt in the sand box. Hidden in the sand was 4 different items for each of the kids to find. Princesses were supposed to find a ring, a bracelet, and two candies. The pirates searched to find a bouncy ball, a whistle, and two candies. It was interesting to see all the kids try to find the treasures. Put them on the spot and they were very timid about digging in the sand. I figured they would be throwing sand every which way.

IMG_2761IMG_2763IMG_2764IMG_2765

After our treasure hunt the kids were able to walk the plank to try to avoid the sharks in the water below. Cohen had been woken up from his nap early so the thought of walking the plank was a little much to do by himself. Good thing it was a small ocean and mom could help him get across without the sharks getting him.

IMG_2780IMG_2769IMG_2773IMG_2775

Once everyone was able to cross the shark infested water, we put the kids to work on opening up all the wonderful gifts that were brought for them. I would say this was the worst part of the double birthday. I was helping Cohen and Troy was helping Sevea. The kids went so quick that we didn’t really get to see what the other child got or hear who it was from. The kids were truly spoiled by everyone.

IMG_2786IMG_2796IMG_2811IMG_2806IMG_2817IMG_2821

Once we crawled out of the mountain of new toys and clothes that the kids received, we were ready to eat. I kept the food pretty simple so that it could be made and ready beforehand since we were busy the morning of the party running our race. Simple sometimes is best and the food seemed to go over well.

IMG_2836IMG_2839IMG_2835IMG_2840IMG_2838IMG_2841

We ended the party with cake and two rounds of the birthday song. Good thing Sevea has a cousin with good lungs because she couldn’t blow those candles out for nothing. Or maybe she has made some boyfriends at school that I don’t know about!

IMG_2850IMG_2849IMG_2855IMG_2856IMG_2861IMG_2862

My princess Sevea and my pirate Cohen had a great day. Each birthday that comes and goes reminds me I’m getting old….I mean, it reminds me how much not only I love these kids but how many other people love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment