Friday, September 5, 2014

Strike!

The end of summer is never something to celebrate in my opinion but I decided rather than sulk about it, I’d take the daycare kids for a fun end of the summer field trip to the bowling alley. My kids had never gone bowling so it was extra fun for me to get to experience this with them…and dad tagged along too!

IMG_2475IMG_2487IMG_2488IMG_2489

Sevea enjoyed bowling. She tried bowling on her own without the stand but wasn’t real interested in it. She couldn’t get the ball down the alley fast on her own so the stand was great for her. I loved watching her excitement. She didn’t quite understand the rules of bowling so at one point when her friend got a spare she announced, “You won the game for us. You won!”

IMG_2484IMG_2483IMG_2486IMG_2504

If bowling was just about pushing a bowling ball down the lane and watching the pins fall down, Cohen could go pro. Oh wait, that totally is the concept of bowling! He really did have fun though. He loved pushing the ball down the stand with all his might. He loved watching the pins fall down (for the first half of the game anyway). But something else fun about the bowling alley was right up his alley…the scoring machine and all its buttons. Good thing you can easily disable them for kids just like Cohen. Maybe him being distracted by the buttons totally worked for him because in the end…

IMG_2510

It was Cohen who won the game. Followed by Sevea in second. You know I bet its because they have bowling in their genes.

IMG_2511

On second thought maybe not. I bet it was because the other kids wanted to try bowling without the stand more than my two did. I was happy that I bowled over 100. I mean my dad would probably roll over in his grave and my brother would never be seen with me again if I didn’t. And well Troy managed to bowl 5 strikes in one game. Not too shabby since neither of us have bowled in years.

IMG_2515IMG_2517

Now that the kids have experienced bowling we’ll have to make it a more regular occurrence for all of us. But I can’t guarantee I’ll get any better, I’ll work on making pros out of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment