Thursday, January 29, 2015

Candy please!

IMG_3172

Our house has forever changed this past week. I think we can finally say that Cohen is officially fully potty trained….as I knock on wood. You have no idea what a great feeling that is. He trained pretty easily on #1 and has been out of diapers even at night for quite some time. But we have been struggling with Cohen getting the hang of going #2 on the potty from day one. We had a few successful times but nothing where we thought we had finally gotten over that hump. Well as of last Tuesday I think we finally are on the other side of the mountain. I read so much on how to help him but in the end most people say they will just get it someday. And truly I think that is what happened…or more so he decided he wanted to get it. I think something's we did helped him get it like going back to the basics and giving him Miralax again to help soften things up. But ultimately I think the light bulb just turned on. I honestly feel like I could see it happen. He was successful and I could just see in his eyes and how he was acting that this time was different. He yelled for me to come into the bathroom and that he had did it. And to my surprise he did! First thing he said was “I get a candy?” Yes buddy you definitely get a candy.You don’t know how great it has been this past week to not wash out underwear sometimes numerous times just in one day. Now our stack of 25 or more underwear seems a little excessive.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha... So excited for you guys and maybe a little, just a tiny bit for us (the worry of will happen). But of my gosh, I laughed out loud at the 25 underwear. The one time you out did me on being overly prepared. So glad for you that I can take the reigns back. Oh and fyi I don't want to borrow the poop ones for Brody, ha!!

    ReplyDelete