So I apologize for the lack of posting lately. It just seemed strange to post happy silly cute things about our family when we are dealing with getting through a rough time. Troy’s father, Tom, passed away on May 19th after his battle with cancer. I feel like most everyone who reads the blog knows all about this so I don’t really feel it necessary to go over all the details. One thing that became more and more clear as we remembered Tom was what a humble admirable man he was. The other thing I realized time and time again was how those traits were most definitely passed down to his son. There was a poem Troy found that was read at the service which says more and in better words than I could:
Silent Strong Dad
He never looks for praises
He's never one to boast
He just goes on quietly working
For those he loves the most
His dreams are seldom spoken
His wants are very few
And most of the time his worries
Will go unspoken too
He's there.... A firm foundation
Through all our storms of life
A sturdy hand to hold to
In times of stress and strife
A true friend we can turn to
When times are good or bad
One of our greatest blessings,
The man that we call Dad.
It is funny how you can go through life and not really take the time to really think and recognize what kind of a person someone is. Sure you know whether they are good or kind or the opposite. But it’s not often we truly think about someone’s true character. This poem truly speaks all about Tom to me. So many qualities of a truly admirable and humble man. And what better legacy can one leave but to pass those qualities on to your child. Tom was a great man and I am thankful for his influence in Troy’s life. Along with Ardie, Tom raised, in my opinion, the best husband and father a girl could hope for. Troy’s definitely his father’s son when I think about the above poem. So while we will definitely struggle missing Tom, I know I will find comfort in remembering Tom’s legacy will live on through his son.
No comments:
Post a Comment