One thing I’ve learned over the course of my time as a parent is that sweating the small stuff is really draining. I always heard people say you learn which battles are worth fighting. And they were totally right. We found this to be especially true after having Brynna since she gives us many more opportunities to fight the battle or not. Besides those battles I’ve also learned to have more patience and to be less irritated or critical. I used to find myself concerned about the messes they would make or worrying about how clean they were.
Well that definitely has gone out the window especially with a child like Brynna who demands to do things herself. Or she wants to be like the big kids. I’m thankful for Brynna in that she really taught me to just let it all go. You can wash their clothes, you can clean their faces, and you can just sit back and enjoy them being little. When else do you get to make big messes and it be okay? I think most people would give a strange look to an adult who has frosting or pudding or ice cream all over their face and hair. But when it comes to kids it is a time for learning and figuring it all out. I am thankful I have learned to embrace the mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment