Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Getting ready for Christmas

When you’re not feeling totally in the Christmas spirit the best thing to do is put up the Christmas tree and other decorations. Just like I said last year, every year gets better and better. Putting up the tree was once more of a chore and now is more of an exciting event. All three kids were totally into it. They LOVE looking at all of their ornaments from year’s past. This year they all got into putting the ornaments on the tree and I think they did a great job. I didn’t move a single one.

IMG_5420IMG_5425IMG_5426IMG_5431IMG_5432IMG_5438

With the tree up the kids got to open a gift early. It was this year’s ornament. Brynna got Olaf. She called all snowman’s Olaf this year. Cohen got Iron Man. He was thrilled with Troy’s selection this year. Sevea got a Shopkins ornament. This one was special because Troy handmade it himself. He wasn’t able to find a quality ornament so he took the toy and made it himself. Very creative and special thing for him to do and Sevea was very happy with it.

IMG_5553IMG_5557IMG_5559IMG_5560IMG_5561IMG_5565

One gift was open but Santa still needed to be visited to tell him all the other gifts they wanted to receive. For the third year in a row we went back to Emma Krumbee’s and visited Santa. I was interested in how this year would go. Sevea I figured would be just fine since she always has been. Cohen still wasn’t a fan last year but he’d come out of his shell so much this year I was hopeful. Brynna I thought would do ok. I thought maybe she wouldn’t talk to him but I didn’t think she’d cry. Well how did they do?

DSC06707DSC06708DSC06713DSC06714

Brynna did not like being near Santa. She really surprised me when she cried and fought being near Santa. She did not like it one bit. The nice thing about seeing Santa for breakfast was she got more time to observe him and get more comfortable. By the time we were done with breakfast and ready to leave she cautiously went up to him to receive her candy cane. Still not in love with him but she got real close without crying or running away.

DSC06716DSC06717DSC06720DSC06722

Cohen did great! You can really tell how much he has changed this past year in his interactions with other people. Once shy and uncomfortable around strangers or even other people besides his close family. He now thrives on interaction with others. Such a welcome change this year. And well Sevea is as great as ever.

DSC06727

Breakfast with Santa was a success again this year. We look forward to continuing the tradition next year. With our Santa visit in the books, we were ready for Christmas to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment