Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Daddy daughter dance

Troy’s new job at Lifetime (well new as of August) has been a positive change in many areas. His commute is so short which makes him home earlier and also activities for the kids can be planned earlier making more time at night. With the gym just next door he can get his workouts in over lunch. This is great for the family because we no longer have to squeeze that time out at night. No more missed workouts because of the kids activities or dinner plans, which makes him happier since he has consistency in his ability to get his runs and other workouts in. Overall his new job creates more time for him to be at home (let’s just forget about the additional 30-40 minutes it adds to my morning to get to and from the new gymWinking smile) But the new job has been great for the kids as well. We try to go atleast once a weekend to workout and the kids get to play in the kids academy. Sevea has gone rock climbing. They have a big climbing playhouse structure thing that is great for the kids to burn off some energy especially during the winter. There is a learning center where they can color or get help with homework or play games. I found Cohen playing Boggle Jr one day where he showed me how he just spelt D-O-G. Reminds me that would be a great game for at home (which he probably will have less interest in at home because there won’t be a friendly older girl to play with and flirt with). Another great thing about Lifetime is the events that they put on. They have frequent parent’s night out events plus many activities we could sign the kids up for like karate, dance, gymnastics, boot camp, etc. Troy and Sevea took advantage of a great event recently made just for them: Daddy Daughter dance.

IMG_5895IMG_5898IMG_5900

Yes Brynna is his daughter as well but since she can be more of a distraction at times, Troy decided to take Sevea alone this year. They had a great time and got to do much more than just dancing. Upon arrival Sevea got her nails painted, she received a necklace, tiara, and a balloon, they learned some ballroom dancing, and had a yummy pasta dinner. They both had a fun time. Sevea has requested some alone time with us and her wish was granted…the funny thing is she talked about being bored and how she is willing to let Brynna come next year, haha. Troy thinks it was because other dad/daughter combos had friends there as well. But really I think she’s just used to more choas with daycare in her house and two siblings. I know for me I am just now learning to like alone time. Life is just often better shared with others.

IMG_5902IMG_5908

IMG_5909

So with the two of them off on their own fun adventure, Cohen, Brynna, and I couldn’t just sit around the house like normal. Off we went to Target…to the toy aisle. I really should pay Target for the hours of entertainment they provide my kids each year. I guess I pay them with the toys I buy. Granted not every trip gets a toy but this trip was special remember. After spending a good chunk of time looking at all the toys they just had to have I let both kids pick out one toy. Thankfully blind bags are very popular with my kids so that meant a toy for each and mom only spent $6…except we needed to make a pit stop for a sweet treat and together they chose a bag of laffy taffy. Man these kids know how to get on my good side. I love those things.

IMG_20160220_165021250IMG_20160220_173637952

Up next…Perkin’s. Did I mention this was a special date for them? How come this was such a treat for me. The kids ordered pancakes, preceeded to eat a couple bites and called it good. I certainly couldn’t let them go to waste so took one for the team and ate their pancakes saving almost my entire meal for the next day. (And yes if you were wondering we got home and they complained about being hungry. Being a special night I didn’t fight it and gave in to a snack. I did after all eat their pancakes so I couldn’t make them eat their dinner then Winking smile) It was a fun night had by all.

IMG_20160220_173605532IMG_20160220_173545846IMG_20160220_174738115

1 comment:

  1. Cohen is such a flirt! He is always flirting with the older girl at swimming lessons too!

    ReplyDelete