It’s hard to even begin to write about our trip to Walt Disney World (obviously by my lack of posting, haha). It was filled with so much fun that I get overwhelmed even thinking about actually putting it into words. So here goes nothing.
I first have to say our good friend Keeley planned the whole trip for us. Her family plus her dad Rod and step-mom Cindy were already going and we tagged along. This was one of the best decisions I have made. She’s gone plenty of times before and had way more knowledge than I could even comprehend. She planned a once in a lifetime trip and took on all the stress. I can’t thank her enough. I would say we’re pretty easy travel companions. We aren’t real picky and will go with the flow. But even still the amount of effort this must have took is mind boggling to me. I wouldn’t have even know where to start. Not only was she a huge part in why our trip was incredible, but GaGa and Papa acted like grandma and grandpa to our kids as well. They bought them ice creams to keep them happy while waiting. They kept all five of the kids one night so we could go out on our own. They stayed back with the kids when we rode some rides or when some kids couldn’t ride one. I seriously want to just tag along on any trip they are doing because it was just SOOOO nice. With that said, here’s a look into our trip :)
This was the first plane ride for all three kids. They were all excited and talked about it a lot before going. Mom and dad were hoping that it would go smoothly and no meltdowns would occur. Happy to say they did great. Brynna was really the only worry but after bouncing between seats two to three times she fell asleep. The tablets were definitely worth the money and a trip lifesaver.
Plane ride was a success and things only got better from there. Each day was filled with fun at the parks and pool time back at the resort. The kids wore themselves out each day. Us adults had an even better time than I thought possible. Going into the trip I expected to be exhausted by the end of each day and only surviving on the excitement of my kids. Boy was I wrong. We had plenty of adult fun with two nights out just as adults. We enjoyed plenty of cocktails and time playing Mexican train. I truly couldn’t have created a better trip. A picture is worth a thousand words so I’ll let them do most of the talking.
We started the trip with a visit to Tinkerbell. The kids were all a little shy at first well maybe not all of them. Brynna did not want to be near her and was very nervous about the whole situation. Thankfully she warmed up and absolutely loved getting to see all the characters. It was really fun to see their faces light up getting to give hugs and get autographs. Plus Weston absolutely cracked us up with all his questions for them. Every one of them was inquisitive yet appropriate. He asked Elsa when Kristoff was going to marry Anna.
We got to have even more fun with the characters at a BBQ we went to for supper one night. This was one part of the trip Keeley had us book ahead of time and we just hoped it would be as great as it looked. Well never ending sangria and beer makes any BBQ great. Just kidding…not kidding! The kids had a GREAT time. They got to not only take pictures with Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and Chip and Dale but they got to boogie on down on the dance floor with them too. Brynna showed exactly who she was when she wanted Goofy to bend down so she could kiss his nose. Then what does she do, try to hit him in the nose instead. Oh goodness gracious little girl. Lots of sour but she does have plenty of sweet in her too.
We’re not the type of family to make sure we hit up the zoo every year but I guess you could say we got our fill when we visited Animal Kingdom. We got to see a Lion King show that had acrobatics, dancing, and singing. We reaffirmed Troy still does not like birds. When he starts to think he might be ok then a bird swoops towards him. We got to see so many animals on our trip through the safari. I loved the warthog since I had never seen one in person and loved watching Pumbaa in the Lion King.
To be continued…
No comments:
Post a Comment