Oh my boy Cohen, how do I sum you up. You’ve changed so much yet some things are still the same. That smile of yours can still make my heart melt. You are excelling in preschool. From needing special services to blowing your conference out of the water. It was a little surprising that you were the leader of the class. The one the teachers look to for the other kids to follow. You are no longer that shy withdrawn kid and to think it was likely all because you couldn’t hear clearly. Whatever it was your personality truly shines through now. You LOVE music and equally LOVE to bust a move to your favorite beats. I’m not sure where you get your dance moves from but you definitely soak up the attention and we wonder where those moves will take you. You love all things boy: cars, trucks, superheroes, fighting, wrestling and so much more. If you were allowed you’d spend all day on an electronic device playing Pokémon Go or watching videos about Pokémon. You’re a great big brother to Brynna. You’ll play with her but also protect her and I see signs in you of being a great father one day. You’re a really good little brother to Sevea as well. You don’t mind playing her way most of the time but I can tell you soak in so much from her as well. One of those things might be compassion because you truly want to be a good person to those around you. But you are far from perfect especially to your adopted brother Grayson. You give him a hard time and I remind myself this is why I don’t need to give you a brother. You totally get joking and I feel like you might be a funny guy like your dad. Your grandpa Steve would have loved your sense of humor. You are getting more and more into sports and have requested to try more of them. You may not be one of those natural athletes but it is fun to see you going out there and trying and learning. Now if you would just learn to like some new foods. We have had success with you trying things though so that’s half the battle. I’m certain we have more battles ahead of us with you with more than just food but right now at age 5 we think you are pretty awesome…as long as you are fed and not tired (can’t blame ya kid…hangry is a real thing). I know this next year will be a pretty great one…bring it on!
Cohen’s 20 questions – age 5
1. What is your favorite color? Red
2. What is your favorite toy? Lighting McQueen (I’d say using the phone to play Pokémon Go)
3. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
4. What is your favorite breakfast? Trix Cereal
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Grilled Cheese (He’d eat this all day everyday)
6. What is your favorite snack? Vanilla Wafers
7. What is your favorite outfit? Superman shirt (still on the character shirt kick)
8. What is your favorite game? Lighting McQueen game (He got it from Grandma NeNe and it is like candy land)
9. What is your favorite animal? Lion
10. What is your favorite song? Whip and Ne Ne
11. Who is your best friend? Sevea (as he smirks at her) Leo, Weston, and Grayson
12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Catch snow flakes, swinging (he learned to pump this summer and really gets going)
13. What is your favorite drink? Hot sauce (we’re getting silly now) Apple juice is the real answer
14. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas because we get more presents than just birthdays
15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? bunny
16. What do you want to be when you grow up? Motorcycle driver (motocross)
17. What is your favorite thing about your older sister? Shopkins About your younger sister? Playing with her babies
18. What do you love about yourself? How chubby I was (Sevea showed him a picture as a baby)
19. What’s your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Run
20. What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Go shopping
How chubby I was...that is great!
ReplyDeleteHow chubby I was...that is great!
ReplyDeleteThe chubby comment had me laughing out loud. Love to see his answers and the pics are great!
ReplyDelete