Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Sevea, age 8

The passing of time always really sinks in when I think about my oldest child. I’m not sure a year will pass by when I won’t have a hard time believing how old she is. There is so much I miss about when she was young. Especially those first three years when it was just her. Life was a little more simple. Life may be less simple but that just means it is filled with more love, laughter, fun, and everything else good or bad life brings. And Sevea certainly adds more and more great things to our life as she gets older.

BX2A4294

One thing about Sevea that I love is you always know what you’re dealing with. She is consistent. Year after year I feel like I say the same things about her. But those things are what makes her so great. She is still the very responsible, kind, sweet, friendly, rule-follower kid she has always been. Entering school I was worried that she would fall victim to “peer pressure” and find some bad habits. It has yet to happen…for the most part. Sure as she has grown she’s found more attitude. She doesn’t listen every single time the first time. She gives us sass and frustrates us. But that’s to be expected and I’d worry more if she was an angel 100% of the time. She was recognized by her teacher as a Star Student yet again this year. So I’ll deal with a little more drama or attitude at home to know that she is being respectful and an overall great kid at school. She is excelling in school and finding it to be more fun as well. She still loves her time at home but is more excited for school than any other year. Her strong area is definitely still math. She loves it and enjoys the challenge of learning new stuff from dad. She says her least favorite is gym because of the one mile run. The chubby-kid-who-hated-the-mile-turned-into-runner in me reminds her that just like other things if you practice it might not be as bad. She may not like running…yet…but she does still enjoy gymnastics. She decided to switch from normal gymnastics to ninja class. Still doing a lot of gymnast type moves but with a little kicking in the mix. She loves practicing these moves with the siblings. Cue frustration from mom and dad because you know how that always ends, someone gets hurt. She does a great job splitting her time being a big girl and wanted her own space to spending time with both of her siblings. She handles more expectations and deals with helping those siblings better than I could ask for most of the time. We’ve made an extra effort to recognize her for these things and to make her feel special but also to still feel like a kid. Those are the times that I cherish the most. When we slow down and make sure she isn’t growing up toooo fast.

BX2A3821BX2A4091BX2A4062BX2A4283

Sevea’s 20 questions – age 8

1. What is your favorite color? I don’t have one, I like every color…ok ok light blue

2. What is your favorite toy? Shopkins

3. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Big Brother (yes the adult reality tv show)

4. What is your favorite breakfast? Donuts

5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? mac n cheese from school (she brings home lunch everyday otherwise)

6. What is your favorite snack? cheetos 

7. What is your favorite outfit? my dress that is blue and white striped on top with bright orange bottom

8. What is your favorite game? Destroy the boys at Kalli’s house

9. What is your favorite animal? Cheetah

10. What is your favorite song? Bad Blood

11. Who is your best friend? Bitsy, Kenzie, Ady, Kalli, Grace, Breanna, Eloise  

12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the sandbox

13. What is your favorite drink? apple juice 

14. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, Halloween, and Easter

15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? baby and blankie

16. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mommy

17. What is your favorite thing about your brother? He’s crazy, that we can fight, and that he is kind weird and cute. What is your favorite thing about your sister? That I can give her piggy back rides and that we can play together.

18. What do you love about yourself? I can try to do stuff and get it right.

19. What’s your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Piggy back rides 

20. What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Hang out with her

IMG_20160604_163238046IMG_6659hr_1380_442_450__1380442450005IMG_20160606_093811218IMG_6182

2 comments:

  1. I love the questions. Always so much fun to see what they have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top picture of her is amazing. Love this update.

    ReplyDelete