The number 13 is often associated with being unlucky…hello Friday the 13th. That was definitely not the case for Troy and I when we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in August.
Troy was nice enough to plan a whole day for us to enjoy together. We started with a Chinese food picnic at a waterfront park including dessert and champagne. It was a great start to the day reminiscing about the Chinese meals we’ve shared many times in our relationship including the times we fell in love, to our engagement, and even the pregnancy announcement of our first child. I hope we continue to share many more Chinese meals together creating many more memories.
The love for Chinese has always been mutual but the destinations up next were something that over time we’ve both learned to love. Troy was a big fan of craft beer before it became popular and the love has only deepened and also rubbed off on me. Since breweries have become so popular there is a list a mile long of places we’d love to try. A kid free day was the best opportunity to cross off some of those. Our first stop was Schram Vineyards that has beer and wine. A quick pit stop next at Enki Brewing where I fell in love again. Probably with Troy but most definitely with a Hefeweizen they had on tap. One more stop before dinner at Excelsior Brewery.
We’d been to this tap room before and by its location Troy thought for sure I had caught on to where we would be going next. Maybe it was the beer or more likely just not having a care in the world, but I didn’t think ahead, I didn’t try to ruin the surprise. I just enjoyed my time with him. He had made dinner reservations at Maynard’s on Lake Minnetonka in Excelsior that we’ve always wanted to try when we were in the area. Being in the area still did not make me think about our final event. A play at the Old Log Theatre. Both dinner and the play did not disappoint.
The day couldn’t have been better. Truly the best part of the day for me besides spending it with Troy was that he planned everything. It was the best gift ever. My head is always so full of planning this or that for the kids, the family, or just us two. To have one day like this was so nice. It didn’t matter to me that we didn’t do anything extravagant or all that different. I think every woman totally needs a day like this once a year.
Especially when you end it on the couch with some snacks with an incredibly cute husband. Anniversary #13 was one to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment