Well they did it. Yes both of them. Sevea and Brynna both got their ears pierced. It’s been a month since they got them done and thankfully we’ve had little fight on getting them cleaned and they are healing nicely. I’ve heard so many kids that have gotten them done and then let them close but this mom is not about to let that happen. I find them both too darn cute with them.
Sevea went first. I wasn’t sure she would ever get them pierced. She said for over a year she would get them but then never seemed like she wanted to actually get it done. But then she was sure about it and didn’t let a day go by without talking about when we were actually going to do it. That readiness paid off because she did really great. Especially considering that she can make herself more worked up about things or is more easily scared or nervous. She wanted to hold my hand but didn’t shed a tear. All the build up was for nothing. She now had some cute new bling in her ears.
We never intended for Brynna to get her ears pierced at this age but she really wanted it done too. I figured why not. It turned out to be a great idea since it was definitely a sister bonding moment. I wonder if Sevea was extra brave to show Brynna she could do it too. But Brynna needed no encouragement. I told her before we did it that if she did one ear she needed to do the other. Not an issue. She didn’t seem phased by it at all. Little moments like this you can certainly see the differences in their personalities come out.
I love Cohen having to get in on the pictures!
ReplyDelete