We typically go adults only camping over Memorial Day weekend and Angie has been our go to for watching the kids. We love that our kids get this time with not only their cousins but their aunt and uncle. In return for her amazingness, I offered to take Brezlyn and Briella for a week. Yes a whole week! We found a week that worked great both for their schedule but also for mine with the daycare being lighter on kids that week. We packed in as much as we could. Something as simple as dinner at McDonald’s with ice cream at Cold Stone or a night of playing at the community center indoor playground. To a full evening of splash pad fun, beach bumming, and playground playing at a local park. Besides the memories the kids made with each other, the best part of the week was the time I got with them. It is so different getting to interact with kids when their parents aren’t there. They depended on me and had to ask me anything and everything instead of their mom. It was so nice to get that quality time with them.
Living two + hours away from this family isn’t easy but I’m thankful that we make it work. We make the effort so that these cousins can build great relationships. We kept the tradition of meeting for a picnic at drop off. It’s a little over an hour half way and we get to squeeze in a little more fun before we have to say good-bye.
Not only did I survive the week with 5 kids but it was a lot of fun. The girls and I agreed that we should definitely make this a yearly tradition. I am sure the girls cared more about the time with Sevea than with me but I know they’ll look back on this time and remember me too. I know the time with them will be something I remember for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment