Monday, October 4, 2010

Away is fun but home is nice

I got away this past weekend to do some scrapbooking. It was perfect timing since it was my last weekend before school starts up again. This quarter is going to be really challenging since I am taking 5 full quarter classes and 2 late start classes which last 6 of the 11 weeks. So I really enjoyed some time away but still being productive was nice. I never get as much done as I would like since I am way too anal about my pages but slowly I will get there. I am working on Sevea's book and the beginning is always the most time consuming since so much happens. I am doing one book just of her first year and I can't wait to get it done and reminisce in those days. I enjoy doing the scrapbook for that reason as well. As I put each page together I remember the time when the pictures were taken...maybe that is why it takes me so long too. I can't believe how fast my little girl is growing!

While I was away Daddy got to spend some much needed quality time with Sevea. I think Sevea has become quite attached with me being home all the time. So it was nice for them to enjoy time together. I also love that when I leave I get picture messages of the highlights of the day. It makes leaving sort of fun. Seeing a picture of Sevea all dressed up for a run outside with dad is great. Dad also took her to the gym daycare so he could get in a long 7 mile run. She is such a fan of the daycare. She truly loves going and I am glad that we are able to give her some time to interact with other kids. She is a social little girl for sure.

Troy ended the weekend with a nap...Sevea must have tired him out....or the run :) We made a family trip to the grocery store and then enjoyed some ice cream. Sevea has had bites of ice cream before but we have never given her a bowl for herself and she's never enjoyed an ice cream cone of her own. Boy was she a fan. But not of the ice cream as you might think. All she cared about was the cone. We took the ice cream out of the cone and she would eat a little of it with a spoon but concentrated on the cone. And boy she made sure to eat it all. Plus she took mommy's too. It was a fun treat to end the weekend.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment