Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 25 Update

I've skipped a couple weeks so I figure an update is due. Not much has changed though.

How I am feeling: I am still 100% shocked that heartburn is not an everyday word I use to describe how I feel. I am ever so grateful and will surely soak up this lack of discomfort while it lasts. I am starting to feel "more" pregnant. I feel more aches but mostly just when the baby is pushing or applying some pressure. I notice this a lot more this time. But I often still forget I am pregnant. I haven't done any belly flops this time around but I did recently roll around the backyard with Sevea in which I didn't really think about the growing belly. I think of that as a good sign that all in all this pregnancy is not too rough on me.

Sleeping: I am very very fortunate that sleep is still something that I get a lot of. With Sevea I hardly ever woke up and went to the bathroom. I slept like a baby (which I don't know why that is an expression because we know babies wake up way more than we want them in the middle of the night). This time I may wake up once and go to the bathroom just to fall back asleep more easily but not an every night occurrence. I've found that a pillow between my legs is a necessary comfort tool to fall asleep quickly since I lay on my side. Lily sleeps behind my legs and I love it. I feel so snuggled!

Movement: This baby moves a LOT! I think the baby took my heartfelt encouragement to move more. I have more worries/fears/nightmares with this pregnancy after dealing with a loss.Even though I am well into the pregnancy I still know things can happen resulting in heartache. After a very bad dream and one day of less movement, I strongly encouraged the baby to move more to help ease my mind. Since then I feel like the baby moves sooooo much. I often wonder if this will indicate its personality after birth :) My fears surely diminished since then, so thanks for listening little one!

The bump: I feel like the bump is really growing. I just received all of the maternity clothes back yesterday. Luckily I haven't "had" to wear them but today I put on my first pair of comfy prego pants and I won't turn back. I have 3 pairs of normal jeans that still fit nicely but I feel more pregnant in the maternity pants than normal ones so I'll choose maternity now. The best thing was the shirts. It has been hard to find shirts that I like how they look. I have some shirts that still fit but they keep getting shorter and I just was not loving the look. My friend Vicky bought a lot of shirts that weren't maternity but just worked well with a growing belly. I have one on today and in the picture and love it. I definitely think the new wardrobe helps anyone to know I am prego and not just someone who gains weight funny :) I think it is all about the pant line for me, maternity just gives a smooth look!

Normal jeans 
Maternity pants

Next appointment: May 23rd. At this appointment I will do the 1 hour glucose test. I am hoping that this time around I will pass the first time. Good news was received from the last appointment. The ultrasound looked great. My due date is right on with the baby measuring just one day different. Otherwise everything is looking normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment