Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update and Baby Blessing Celebration

First a quick update on the pregnancy. I went for my appointment yesterday afternoon. My doctor is out of town so I saw a different doctor. At one point I thought they had forgot about me in the room since I waited for around 45 minutes for the doctor to come in. Besides that I really liked the doctor. I would be happy to have her deliver my baby, but really I could care less who delivers the baby at this point :) I have made some more progress towards the ultimate goal of 10cm dilated. I am now a good 2cm if not 2.5cm dilated. I don't know anything else since that was all the doctor shared with me. She did say that most likely the baby would come around my due date since past pregnancies are a good indicator a lot of times. All we can do is wait! The unknown of when the baby will come I think is harder than actually being pregnant for longer. If I knew on such and such date labor would start I think I would be less anxious. All apart of the fun I suppose!

Even though the baby hasn't entered the world yet it is truly loved not only by Troy, Sevea, and myself but family and friends. Carissa did an amazing job of reminding me how wonderful of people I have in my life. On Saturday July 30th she hosted a baby blessing celebration for me and baby #2. The party was centered around making meals to be frozen and just popped into the oven after the baby arrives. Being this is a second baby and we pretty much have everything but clothes if it comes out a boy, it was a great idea! I love this idea so much I think it should be done for everyone....granted we haven't ate the meals yet :) The preparation of the meals went fairly quick so the rest of the party was spent just enjoying time together and talking about babies and everything else. It was exactly what I think every second time mom would ask for.
Keeley, Michelle, Erin

Katie, Leah, Heather, and little Grayson

Me, Nichole, Vicky, and little Alex Reaves

We are excited to meet you baby!

I received 5 meals in total including lasagna, tator tot casserole, tuna casserole, etc.

Carissa did a good job of decorating


Most are leaning towards boy and many thought this baby would be here by now :)

Of course a picture was not taken of me with the hostess with the mostest. But that doesn't mean she didn't do an amazing job. Carissa truly out did herself with the food she prepared (I devoured the fruit dip!!) and made this a spectacular event celebrating the upcoming birth of baby #2. We are both very lucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment