Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 39 Update

One week from the estimated day the baby should arrive. Many mothers are dying to have the baby make its appearance by now. For me it is mixed emotions. I originally really wanted the baby to come today. For me today would have been nice since this is the last day my doctor will be working until the 22nd. It also wouldn't have inconvenienced the daycare parents as much as before this date. But it appears the baby is not thinking today would be a good day. I am certainly thankful the baby hasn't already come. Sure at times I really want it here, I want to hold the baby and know who it is. But I am also remembering to enjoy this time we have left before life changes again. It will no longer be just about Sevea. Sleep will no longer be something we can enjoy for a full night. Life will be consumed with a newborn and everything that comes along with it. I don't consider these things "fun" although they are rewarding at the same time. I look forward to watching the baby grow and learning more about who this life is. Changing diapers, feedings, crying...all of these things are not my reasons for having another child :)

How I am feeling: I wouldn't have been surprised if the baby came before now with how I have been feeling. But I believe this is because the baby is lower than what I experienced with Sevea. I feel so much more and it is hard to not assume this means something. I guess I know better now!! I can't complain though. The swelling has still yet to appear and I am just amazed by this. I don't have much pain besides the occasional round ligament pain or the good kicks the baby gives. Sleep has been okay. I do wake up at least once maybe twice during the middle of the night. I think I just sleep less soundly than before. But this sleep is still better than I can ever expect with a newborn. Most of the time it is just the falling asleep that is hard. Tylenol has been my friend in order to lessen the aches I notice as I try to fall asleep. Overall I feel good. Having to care for 5 children during the day is about the only time I wish to be done with the pregnancy. This baby definitely notices when I am holding another child and likes to push on both ends making it a little uncomfortable. But I manage, especially when I can kiss Grayson's cute cheeks.

Appointment: My next appointment will be on Monday August 15th. My last appointment went well and I was measuring right on track. I however saw no additional progress indicating the baby would like to come early. Which was actually very good to hear since we had a little girl with a fever. Anxiety was high during that time for me as I couldn't imagine leaving my sick child plus the thought of her not being able to come visit her new sibling was not something I could bear. We'll see what the next appointment brings....yes I am hoping the baby lasts till then as I would love to enjoy this weekend and knock out some additional projects!

Could be a final look at the baby inside my belly!


2 comments:

  1. Andrew Pearcy-BlowersAugust 12, 2011 at 12:59 PM

    You look great sis, I am glad things are going well with the pregnancy. Glad the timing of things all worked well with your daycare, house remodeling, Sevea, etc. We are quite excited for you guys & can't wait to meet the newest Appeldorn. Love you guys, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal Pearcy-BlowersAugust 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

    I cannot believe how amazing you look! It's great that you've had both the time and energy to complete your projects. Eagerness to meet the new one must be kicking in. Definately be sure to get as much sleep as you can while you can.

    ReplyDelete