Friday, November 18, 2011

Cohen Month 3 Update

Cohen is 3 months old today. I felt like the first 2 months flew by. Getting from 2 to 3 months though I felt like took forever. I think the newness finally wore off :) Or maybe it is because Cohen has become more predictable and life has slowed down in the sense that he is less work. Whatever it was we are happy to have a happy and healthy 3 month old little boy.

Cohen is doing great! As I updated earlier his neck problem has disappeared. He is doing great at moving his head both directions. I think the increased eye sight surely helped as he turns to look at more now. That has been fun to watch. He really notices people around him now and especially neat to see him notice his big sister and calm down at seeing her. He's fallen into somewhat of a schedule. I hesitate to say schedule though because it is all Cohen driven. But it works for us and does provide some predictability for his day. His eating has been a "irritation" for me. He once was the child who would nurse forever if you let him. Then he went to being more alert and being done in record time. Then to our current situation of nursing less than 5 minutes on each side. It wasn't a concern for me since he was still sleeping well. Until recently his afternoons have been less sleep and more eating. But we have gotten some great nights of sleep with him including one 8 hour stretch. This is tough for me since I debate everyday with myself about switching to exclusively pumping. I know this switch will bring supplementation though. Hmmm!

No milestones to report yet. He really enjoys sucking on his hands. As I said he is really noticing the world around him. He is grabbing at toys and his movements are now more smooth of a baby instead of jerky of a newborn. He is definitely a different child than Sevea but I have definitely learned it only makes me love him more. He is Cohen and that is what makes him special!

He enjoys bathtime just like Sevea did. Another water baby I hope!

So fun to watch him get stronger and stronger

One way to calm him down is to making kissing noises

Yep I love my hand

Working on tummy time is more enjoyable this way

He would sleep this way all the time

Holding onto the rings, he loves hitting the bird thing too

Quick bath in the sink, he obviously wasn't sure about this

Comfy all nestled in mom's arms

2 comments:

  1. The smirk he has on his face when he is laying on the bobby is so TOTALLY TROY!!! It's amazing that I see him most days and these pictures are still new to me. Love ya big guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with nursing, you can do it. I remember Liam had a few days around 3 months that seemed like he ate every hour. He's getting so big too. Time is flying, pretty soon it'll be january and we can see all our little guys together!

    ReplyDelete