Saturday, November 12, 2011

Daddy-o

Oh sooooo many memories. Today is a day I choose to remember the good. Today is the day I choose to remember all the fun and funny moments. I leave all the sadness for other days when it randomly hits. But today I choose to be happy because of the good times I was fortunate to have.
I feel VERY grateful that my husband got to know my dad. I feel even more grateful that my dad was able to make fun of my husband for his big baggy pants back in high school! Troy got a lot of crap for his style choices but took it all in fun and was a great way for my dad to bond with him. (As you can see in the picture below, Troy must have wanted to impress my dad because he did a 180 when it came to clothing choices, haha)
This picture reminds me of all the fun we had with my dad. This picture does make me sad though since it reminds me a lot of what we miss now. As we became adults the relationship with my dad really blossomed. So I feel like we missed out on the best years. But some people never get times like these at all so I am reminded again to be thankful. This picture reminds me so much of my dad. You can see him standing behind Troy and I. His shirt was a classic look for him. But all the details of this picture are the biggest reminders. You see that sippy cup in front of me. Yes my dad determined I was the baby in the group so I got to drink out of it. You see the lamp shade-who-knows-what-that-is on my head? Yep another funny thing my dad introduced that night. Smiles on those faces...dad liked to make sure we were having a good time. And that hand of Brock's holding that empty drink cup out to my dad. Yep he really liked to make sure we had a good time!!

I miss you daddy-o! Love your Amy Bo

3 comments:

  1. May you have only happy memories today :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to put today! A day of happy rememberance since the bad days come all on their own. I love this post because it will allow all of us to look back on and smile on those bad days. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta belt now! Miss the bull and the bugel and vacuum cleaner dancing!

    ReplyDelete