We continued our tradition of having Christmas eve/day at home this year. We are really thankful that this can happen for our family since we are loving the traditions we are able to create for our kids. But I am so thankful that we have the Zimmer clan to spend some of that time with as well. The kiddos enjoy having more people around and I know us adults like it as well. The Zimmer’s were nice enough last year to spend the holiday at our house since we were working on nap training with Cohen. So we spent our time together at their place. Since the holidays are no longer about presents for us adults we focus on the food. This was year number 3 having Christmas together and I think we’re really narrowing down the meals. Of course we have Troy’s prime rib one night. The boys are all about it while us girls are all about the sides (yes it is good but hey I am side dish kind of girl!) Christmas for the kids is all about the presents and playing. So we haven’t done too many traditions activity-wise but hopefully we’ll add those as more of the kids grow and get into it. Troy and I both grew up having family present time on Christmas eve and then Santa and stockings in the morning on Christmas Day. This is a tradition we have chosen to continue and why we love being home.
I was given great advice from a fellow mom…take your picture of the kids before opening the presents…they’ll be more likely to smile nicely and look at the camera for you.
Sevea was very much a pro this year when it came to presents and the whole concept of Christmas. She’s been a child that will show excitement for almost everything she gets, whether it be clothes or toys. I hope she continues to show true excitement for every gift she is lucky enough to receive. Cohen was a totally different story. He did not get the present thing at all. He was much happier running around with other gifts that were opened. By the end of all our Christmas’ he did finally understand the tearing open the paper to see what was inside. But he only cared if it was a toy and if it had buttons he would stop opening and try playing with it. He was a definite reminder that Christmas isn’t just about presents, it’s about the fun we have together.
My favorite part of Christmas growing up and continues to be now is Christmas morning opening stockings. Our stockings weren’t filled with expensive things and Santa didn’t bring lots of presents. But I really loved waking up with the excitement to see what was inside. Yes maybe the candy was a huge reason why :) I hope my kids grow a love for it as well.
We hope you had a blessed holiday season. Ours was filled with love, laughter, and food….just the way we like it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment