Thursday, February 14, 2013

V-Day = food

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

I really love this holiday but only since having kids. I didn’t hate it before kids I just didn’t make much of a fuss before them. Troy and I tend to do very little things to celebrate. Long gone are any attempts to go out to eat. Our presents usually consist of candy (so I did love that part very much). Nothing big. It is sort of just another day since we both do try hard to keep other days throughout the year special with little tokens of love. He brings me home a caffeine free diet mountain dew randomly and that day feels just the same as today. But with kids their excitement just brings the day to a whole new level. This year I did very simple things that added some excitement to their day…and reminded me just like Troy and I do, I can do these things any day throughout the year to make that day filled with a little extra love.

We started our day with cinnamon rolls. All I did was take a standard tube of rolls and cut down the line to unroll them. Then just fold in each end together to form a heart. It took only a couple minutes more to do and the kids loved them. I mean of course it is still a cinnamon roll. This is one that I hope to do randomly for sure. IMAG0119

This is lunch for the kids. Simple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but cut into fun hearts with a cookie cutter. My kids aren’t against eating the crust (probably because I won’t allow that, haha) but this would surely be a fun treat for those kids who fight having to eat it.

IMAG0122 (2)

And then of course heart shaped cookies! Multiple uses for that heart cookie cutter. Sevea spent almost the entire day yesterday decorating these cookies (such a help while I tended to a very sick and irritable little boy, nasty stomach bug). She loved frosting them and having the freedom to decorate however she wanted. Seeing the finished product I was reminded to relax and let her do her thing. If I wouldn’t have been occupied with Cohen I may have been picky about her decorating choices. They turned out great and the fun she had is the important part. Plus no matter how good they are decorated they still taste yummy in the tummy.

IMAG0123

We hope your day is filled with love today and every other day of the year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment