I am so excited to report that I passed the glucose screening test. Can I get a woo hoo?!?!?! This is the third time taking the test and I wasn’t holding out much hope that I would pass since I failed the first two times. I knew I could pass since the midwife I saw at my last visit had four kids and passed twice and failed twice. So I had some hope going in but my intentions of eating protein and limiting my carbs before the test didn’t really work out. Then when talking to my doctor at my appointment she asked if I ate carbs at lunch. Immediate thought of failure ran through my head. The main part of my lunch was a chicken breast but I did have some cabbage ramen noodle salad and some fruit cool whip salad that was leftover from the weekend. Oh and did I forget to mention a monster cookie. Oh yeah that too. I certainly know there were a few carbs in those choices. I received an email later than night that I had test results waiting to be seen (I love online test results!!) well it was only the hemoglobin test result, which was fine. In the morning I checked my phone and saw an email had arrived letting me know my other test result was ready. I was pretty shocked to see the number 130. You need to have under 135 to not be required to take the 3 hour test. I had staring trying to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me, It was interesting to see my result with Cohen which was 148. I wouldn’t have minded the 3 hours to do some reading but those waiting room chairs really make it hard to get comfy!
After my appointment I got a feeling that the baby was a boy. It might have to do with finding out another person is expecting a boy (the lab technician is due 3 days before me). I might be feeling like this is the time for boys. The baby’s heartbeat was lower again this appointment. The last two appointments the heartbeat has dropped from 150-160’s to 130-140’s. I know it is purely an old wives tale but under 140 for heartbeat is supposed to mean boy. (This held true for the other two, Cohen was always lower in the 130-140’s and Sevea was always higher in the 150-160’s.) When I sit and really think about it though I still have no clue. And honestly as much as I wonder and REALLY REALLY want to know, I’m excited to have approximately 13 weeks left before we find out. With Sevea we really didn’t care since it was our first. With Cohen I had strong feelings it was a boy. But this time having one of each I thought I’d have more feelings as to which it was. I just don’t and really that makes this time even more fun to wait until the baby comes.
No other news to report. I am feeling good and excited to be in the final trimester. I’m trying to remind myself these next 3 months will go very quickly with it being summer. I’m trying to savor all the time I can with the two kids we have and the “easy” life we have before sleepless nights and extra work of an infant are upon us.
Next appointment Friday May 31st.
No comments:
Post a Comment