Friday, May 10, 2013

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

IMG_6800

I haven’t talked about food in a while. Don’t worry I’ve definitely been eating :) We’ve been trying new recipes and have enjoyed many good meals. Troy and I really enjoyed this meal. We eat a lot of chicken in our family and sometimes it can be a little same ol same ol. I am not one to go to a restaurant and order a chicken breast dish because I feel like I could make something similar at home for much cheaper. Well this dish is from a restaurant and unfortunately I still won’t be ordering this anytime soon. No need when you can make it at home and feel like you are eating out! It was definitely something we’d make again and again and again. Our only complaint was the prep. But it could have been because the side dish we made along with it had a good amount of prep as well. Easy solution though would to have done some of the prep before hand or make a simple side dish.

Here are the two recipes:

Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken Click here for the recipe

Sometimes I find it hard to figure out what to make for company that isn’t pasta. I feel like everything is too “plain” to serve guests. This chicken dish definitely fits the bill. The only hard part would be sharing the chicken with my guests, I would want to hoard it all to myself.

Twice Baked Cauliflower Click here for the recipe

Troy and I are fans of cauliflower. We like roasting it, steaming it, making rice out of it, etc. However we hadn’t tried making mashed cauliflower as an alternative to mashed potatoes. This recipe was a great way to try that out. We’d definitely make it again.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment