Thursday, August 15, 2013

Brynna 2 week update

IMG_7697

What a whirlwind these last two weeks have been since we welcomed Brynna into our family. After leaving the hospital it has been an interesting time navigating our way through parenthood of three kids. I’d sum it all up with AMAZING! The first day or two it was definitely different but we’ve found our groove and things are going well. Brynna is making things easy on us…for the most part. She LOVES sleep. If she is crying during the day it usually means she wants to go to sleep. I feel like all she does is sleep. I have to wake her up to eat most of the time during the day. She falls asleep eating most of the time. Those times that she is awake then wants to sleep, it takes a good amount of work to get her to drift off to sleepy land….unless you’re mom. She loves to suck but isn’t a big fan of nuks so mom is always a guarantee to calm her down and get her to sleep. Who doesn’t love a sleeping baby?

IMG_7738IMG_7749

At Brynna’s one week check up she had grown 1/4 of an inch up to 20.75 inches. She was discharged from the hospital weighing 7lbs even so when the scale read 7lbs .75oz we were a little concerned. However the doctor wasn’t too worried since she was peeing and pooping often. He figured she actually lost more weight after being discharged so she probably did gain more weight than it showed. I took her in today for a two week weight check and she was up to 7lbs 6.5oz. This is just shy of her birth weight of 7lbs 7oz so she definitely plumped up this last week.

I stare at Brynna often and can’t believe she is mine. I think the dark hair and so much of it throws me off each time :) Joking aside I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I remember wondering before Cohen was born how I could love another child as much as Sevea. I had a minor (okay huge) obsession with Cohen from birth and I wondered again how things would change when another child entered my life. It amazes me even more this time how your heart just grows to have plenty of love to go around. Instead of parenting three kids causing me some stress and frustration, these two weeks have been overflowing with love. I am sure plenty of stress and frustration will come my way but right now I’m soaking in every moment.

IMG_7631IMG_7718IMG_7684IMG_7737IMG_7744IMG_7772IMG_7776IMG_7780IMG_7786IMG_7788

No comments:

Post a Comment