Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Kisses and hugs galore

The transition of bringing home a new baby is not just one for mom and dad. Of course Cohen and Sevea had to adjust to having a new baby in the family. Sevea we had no doubt she would be good with the baby. We wondered how she would react if it was a boy but turns out we didn’t have to find out. She did so well when we added Cohen to the family that we didn’t think too much of how she would deal with the new baby. We never experienced any jealously and she was patient and made it easy on us to care for two kids. This time is overall the same experience however she is older now and wants to help in ANY way she can. She told us before the baby was born that she would wake up in the middle of the night and help feed the baby. If only she was able to do that! Some funny moments with Sevea included the first time I fed Brynna at home Sevea just had to help anyway she could. She held my boob as I fed Brynna and said that she was helping pump the milk for her. (Modesty went out the window for sure!) She also randomly handed me my water bottle and told me to drink up because the water goes right to my boobs to make milk for the baby. She then proceeded to take a drink herself and said the water went to her boobs to make milk. (Oh the learning opportunities that have came up all from having a baby.) Sevea loves to hold the baby and makes sure to give her a big hug and kiss every night before bed. She thinks Brynna is the best and looks forward to when Brynna is able to play with her.

IMG_7579IMG_7582IMG_7654IMG_7703IMG_7722IMG_7741

We really wondered how our little momma’s boy would do. Right before Brynna was born Cohen went through an even more clingy stage. Dad (or anyone else for that matter) would not do if mom was around. So I worried more about how I would be able to care for both a baby and Cohen with only two hands. I wasn’t as worried about how he would deal with the new baby. He LOVED the baby at daycare always wanting to give him hugs and kisses. So how has Cohen adjusted to life with Brynna in our family? AMAZING! He loves to give Brynna hugs and kisses all the time. When he sees her he makes the cutest Awww sound and gets excited to see her and give her a hug and kiss. His kisses look more like he is going to eat her face off but cute none the less. And how is he adjusting to his momma being busy with his little sister? Great! I feel like I hit the jackpot with Cohen. Not only do I get to watch him love up his baby sister but I also get to see him love up his dad. It has been so great watching him interact with Troy more. Seeing him snuggle up with dad all on his own makes my heart melt.

IMG_7565IMG_7570IMG_7655IMG_7757IMG_7755IMG_7760IMG_7770IMG_7778

Watching Sevea and Cohen interact with Brynna definitely makes us appreciate being blessed with 3 kids. We are excited to see how their relationships develop and change over the years. I just hope they always find their hearts full of love for one another.

IMG_7632

No comments:

Post a Comment