Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Big boy bed

Look who is no longer in a crib:
IMG_1495
Neither Cohen or Sevea were crib climbers so we didn’t rush them into big kid beds. I often told people I’d keep them in cribs for as long as I could. But the time had come that we figured we better try to help encourage the big kid in him. On a random Thursday afternoon Troy decided to tackle this item off our to do list. Cohen without hesitation hopped into bed and eventually fell asleep. He didn’t attempt to get out of bed once. That night he fell out of bed once and needed us to help calm him down and get back into bed. The other time he just kept sleeping on the floor. Then came nap time the next day:
IMG_1505
Again success. Was it really going to be this easy with this boy? We went camping that weekend but the next time he slept in bed went very well again….until he woke up in the middle of the night with only his head sticking out from under the bed. Yes he somehow managed to get all the way under the bed. Excuse the lack of picture since Troy doesn’t immediately think to grab the camera to capture these moments like I do, haha! This however did make us realize we needed to figure something out. Enter pinterest!!! We decided to try the pool noodle trick I had seen several times.
IMG_1521
Success! By morning the sheet had pulled off and the pool noodle flew out. But once we put the mattress pad protector back on his mattress it has stayed put and so has Cohen. He stays in bed till we come get him and lays down without getting up. I never thought it would be this easy with Cohen. I think he’s saving all the frustrating moments for potty training!!

2 comments: