Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Corn Maze 2014

I turned another year older. And you know what that means? Time for the corn maze. We’ve tried to make this a yearly tradition typically going the weekend after my birthday. Well even though someone had a really good time the night before (pointing finger at me) we still gathered up the kids and enjoyed the afternoon at the local corn maze. Each year gets better and better as they get older. It is fun to see Sevea still enjoy so much about the corn maze (which I should add we have actually only done the maze itself once…the first year we went when Sevea had just turned 1!). Cohen is getting into more and more and Brynna saw the whole thing from a different view. No longer was she stuck in the carrier or car seat. She got to join in on the fun…for some things anyway.

Our first stop is always the corn pit. Cohen is really into jumping lately and enjoyed jumping in over and over again. He puts so much effort into his jumps you can’t help but smile at him. Brynna totally loved the corn pit. Thankfully she isn’t a kid who puts everything immediately in her mouth.

IMG_2863IMG_2870IMG_2876IMG_2869IMG_2879IMG_2882

Next we made our way to the train and the jumping pillows. Great way for the kids to burn off some energy. I gotta say you couldn’t have gotten much better of an expression shot on Grayson. He sort looks like the conductor in his hat and everything. So cute!

IMG_2898IMG_2899IMG_2903IMG_2906IMG_2909IMG_2911IMG_2913IMG_2912

One thing that we haven’t done in years past because it costs extra is the big slide. For some reason I always thought it cost $5 and just didn’t feel it was worth it. Well this year Cohen begged to go down the slide (crazy since he used to have such a fear after breaking his leg). We were happy to find out that the slide was only $2 and even better you only paid by the rug not the person. Sevea suggested we do a race between the boys and girls. $4 for a race which I knew Sevea and I would so win….game on!

IMG_2923IMG_2924IMG_2926IMG_2927

If I was the judge I’d say we won. The prize was mini donuts and well we shared those between us all so I guess it was really a win for all.

We watched the magic show, climbed on some big tires, saw the animals, and explored an old fire truck. We certainly fill the afternoon with fun. The kids have a great time each year. So you better believe I look forward to turning another year older if it means I get to share in a day like this with them.

IMG_2929IMG_2931IMG_2936IMG_2946IMG_2963IMG_2962IMG_2947IMG_2954IMG_2957

No comments:

Post a Comment