Monday, October 6, 2014

Sevea, age 6

  A Appeldorn-76

Sevea’s 20 questions – age 6

1. What is your favorite color? Pink

2. What is your favorite toy? Elsa doll 

3. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Frozen

4. What is your favorite breakfast? cereal and bagels 

5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? pizza

6. What is your favorite snack? vanilla cupcake goldfish 

7. What is your favorite outfit? dresses

8. What is your favorite game? puzzles

9. What is your favorite animal? unicorn

10. What is your favorite song? Elsa’s Let It Go 

11. Who is your best friend? Bitsy 

12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing

13. What is your favorite drink? apple juice 

14. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? baby

16. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor/Doc McStuffins

17. What is your favorite thing about your brother? I like when he smiles. What is your favorite thing about your sister? Because her is so sweet. 

18. What do you love about yourself? Because I’m kind 

19. What’s your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Give him big hugs 

20. What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Kiss you and hug you

A Appeldorn-87A Appeldorn-108A Appeldorn-20

I can’t believe my baby is 6 years old. In general this age is a really good one. She can talk with you and understand more. She is interested in learning so much and this makes conversations really fun. She loves to play and be silly with her brother and sister. She takes on the role of big sister better than I could have hoped for. She is really good at helping us when we need it. She is becoming more and more independent which helps us in so many ways having to help her siblings. She continues to be an easy going and fun loving girl. The downside of this age…the boredom is kicking in. Within the last year it has slowly crept in. She is no longer as entertained by things. But what is entertaining is teasing your cousin Grayson. This is the biggest thing we have had to work on with her lately. Grayson is the perfect kid to tease because he gets upset right away and makes a big stink about it. Thankfully as he ages his reactions are becoming less dramatic and with that change and our talks about bullying I am hoping this behavior ends. She is a really sweet girl and we know she doesn’t want to make him unhappy but he reacts to the teasing. I think it is her way of playing with the “young” kids. It doesn’t happen much with Cohen because he doesn’t react to the teasing and so she finds other ways to play with him. Oh the joys of kids growing up. I wish I could have sheltered her from ever learning how to tease a friend. But it is unfortunately a fact of life and another learning opportunity for her. Speaking of learning, Kindergarten started out kind of rough but is going well now. She goes to school without complaint and comes home happy. She must be the kind respectful girl we know at school because she has gotten quite a few paws (tickets they get for showing Jackson pride which means being kind, respectful, responsible, etc.) That’s the girl we know and love :) School is a big reminder to me that my baby is growing up and if I blink too long I might miss something. I might have to resort to tapping my eye lids open!

IMG_1628IMG_2472IMG_1638IMG_3041IMG_2140IMG_2300

No comments:

Post a Comment