We lived in Shakopee now for over 5 years. In those 5 years we have never made a trip down the road to Valleyfair. This shocks me too. I remember thinking when I was younger that if I lived near Valleyfair I would go all the time. Somehow we just haven’t taken the time to go. So I put it on the kid’s and my bucket lists. I planned to make an adult trip for my birthday but changed those plans. So by the end of September I was thinking I’d have to wait to cross this off the bucket list till next year. Enter the Witzel family. They have season passes to Valleyfair and planned to take their kids the last Sunday of the month. On a whim we decided to tag along. It ended up being a great impromptu trip. The weather was perfect and felt a little more like summer than fall. It was a great day to spend outside soaking it all in. The really nice day didn’t mean really long lines though. Which made our visit even better.
The kids loved standing by the fence waiting for the water to splash them from the Wave ride. We spent a good portion of time in front of the fence two times during our visit. Also I love how you can see Regan slowly getting closer and closer to the action. Out of the four of them she was really the only one with any sort of fear for the rides. I’d say that is pretty good for their age. I feel like my kids will be the ones ready for the big rides before they are actually able to ride them…especially considering the height requirements, haha! There was one kiddie ride that was a pretty good rollercoaster. I wondered how the kids would handle it. Sevea and I rode in the front and she absolutely loved it. Cohen rode with Troy and had the most fun on that ride.
The kids had such a great time. We can totally see why the Witzel’s have season passes. What a great way to spend time with the kids and do something outside while not feeling guilty if you only go for a couple hours. You go twice and it pays for the pass so it is something we are considering….especially since we our visit didn’t even include the waterpark area. It really makes me question what took us so long to go.
So kid’s bucket list item crossed off. Now I need to make an adult trip to the park to cross it off mine. I just hope it doesn’t take another five years living in Shakopee to make it happen. Season passes just might help to make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment