Halloween posts before Thanksgiving…I’m patting myself on the back for this one. This year instead of going to the grocery store and picking out a pumpkin from the bin, we took them back to the corn maze to search through the pumpkins out front. I thought they would be into it more but the fun only lasted a couple minutes. Maybe next year we’ll have to take them to an actual pumpkin patch.
We had just gone to the costume store and Sevea was breaking in her fangs for her costume. I “LOVE” the drooly mouth pictures.
We get the pumpkins home and actually carve them the same day. In the past couple years we scrambled to get them done the night or two before Halloween. This year we got them done on the Sunday before. Which left us with saggy faced jack-o-lanterns come Halloween day/night. But the kids enjoyed looking at them all week long and I appreciated being able to throw them away right after Halloween.
The kids still don’t do much when it comes to actually carving them. We do let them each pick out the design for their pumpkin. Sevea went with her costume for a theme and did Hello Kitty Vampire. Cohen also went with his costume and did a teenage mutant ninja turtle. Brynna is a big fan of Mickey Mouse so we found a Minnie Mouse pattern that she loved. This year Sevea helped a little bit more with the process and poked holes through her pattern onto her pumpkin. Otherwise this year was the first time that I did not do any actual carving and Troy did all three. I thought getting some groceries would kill two birds with one stone but didn’t fully expect him to be completely done carving by the time I got back. He did a great job though but I look forward to carving one again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment