Ok I certainly haven’t forgotten the fact that my first born is growing up and yet one year older. But if I failed to talk about it maybe I could keep her young for a little longer. Not how this all works? Well alright let’s hear a little bit about Sevea at age 7.
Sevea continues to be a great first child and amazing older sister. She helps her siblings often without even us asking. She does really well at playing with them both despite the age difference. She is a big help to us even though we have seen more and more “attitude” or “lack of excitement” when we request things of her. I try to remind myself that most kids don’t jump for joy to help when they would rather be doing something else. Yet there are no complaints when it benefits her…of course! We’d rather not experience said attitude but we know it’s a necessary evil for most kids. She is becoming more and more of her own person and we want that. And really the first born normally have it the worst because no one else is older to help them. I imagine Cohen and especially Brynna will have it easier. So we try to remind ourselves of this. In the big picture we know she is kind and respectful and we are so so proud of her. She doesn’t have a passion for school and looks forward to time off but she doesn’t fight having to go either. She always says it is more fun to hang out with me…see she is pretty great huh! She is doing well in school though. Now that she is in 1st grade she has homework almost nightly. This has been an adjustment for us all. But it is really great to feel a little more connected with what she is learning in school, even if it is just math. Troy and I both enjoyed math so we are happy that is a subject that seems to be a strong suit for now. She also enjoys gymnastics and dancing around the house. You can often find her coloring and then creating something out of that paper. She has a fun imagination that reminds me how great it is to be young. She makes us feel lucky daily that we get to be her parents and I don’t think this next year will be any different.
Sevea’s 20 questions – age 7
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Shopkins
3. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Youtube videos (people opening gifts or trinkets)
4. What is your favorite breakfast? cereal or french toast sticks
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? meat sticks
6. What is your favorite snack? cheetos
7. What is your favorite outfit? dresses
8. What is your favorite game? Tic tac toe
9. What is your favorite animal? Cheetah
10. What is your favorite song? I like to make up songs (You will rarely hear her singing a normal song it is almost always one that she has made up herself.)
11. Who is your best friend? Bitsy
12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Climb
13. What is your favorite drink? apple juice
14. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween
15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? baby
16. What do you want to be when you grow up? My mommy
17. What is your favorite thing about your brother? He’s crazy. What is your favorite thing about your sister? Her is cute.
18. What do you love about yourself? I feel like I can do music good.
19. What’s your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Go to his work and swim (Lifetime gym).
20. What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy? I don’t know because I like to do mostly everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment