Thursday, August 18, 2016

Party time x 3

Celebrating all three kids birthday’s last year together went so well. I decided to keep that tradition going. The kids don’t mind sharing the day at all so why not make it easier on me as well as the guests. I took a much more relaxed approach to the party last year as well and you know what? The kids had a great time and didn’t miss all the fluff of decorations and themed food and what not. So I made it easier on myself yet again and just focused on providing food and made each kid a cake of their choosing. However instead of cake this year, I made their “cakes” out of either cookie or rice krispy/fruity pebble treats. I bought some cupcakes as well because I just love Sam’s Club cupcakes and I wanted to be selfish :)

IMG_6568IMG_6592IMG_6593

Sevea really loves Shopkins so I went on the hunt for a cute cake. While there were many to choose from the Kooky Cookie was a winner for the fact that it is a chocolate chip cookie. Side note: Tell your husband about your plan for the cookie cake. Cutting pieces out of the cookie to look like the Shopkin only makes him think that he can cut another piece off. Said husband almost didn’t make it to the party :) Troy also bought relight candles on accident and it just so happened Sevea had the hardest time with them. She just doesn’t have a lot of hot air to blow I guess.

IMG_6515Cartoon_KCIMG_6583IMG_6585IMG_6586

Cohen is into so many typical boy things that I wasn’t sure what kind of cake he would want. He ended up choosing a Transformers cake. My daycare co-provider Kim traced the design I found and we put it on top of the rice krispy cake. He loved it!

IMG_6517IMG_6575IMG_6580IMG_6581

Brynna ended up with a Hello Kitty cake. She isn’t really into one thing. Nor is she into a lot of things. It seems to vary day to day what she really likes. So I started with Hello Kitty since I knew that would be easier on me and she took the bait. Surprising it was that easy considering it is Brynna we are talking about.

IMG_6516IMG_6565IMG_6572IMG_6574

While kids love cake, I think presents would be #1 on any kids birthday must have list. While I try to remind my three that the friends and family who come to celebrate with us is a gift in itself, I do love seeing how they light up opening their gifts.

IMG_6524IMG_6525IMG_6526IMG_6528IMG_6529IMG_6547IMG_6542IMG_6535IMG_6549

Speaking of those great family and friends…

IMG_6552

We couldn’t ask for better people to not only celebrate the birth of these three kids, but to be a great support system for them and us everyday. We’re all very lucky!

IMG_6559

2 comments:

  1. I love the combo Birthdays. So much love and fun, it makes for a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combo Birthdays. So much love and fun, it makes for a great day!

    ReplyDelete