Wednesday, May 24, 2017

My Slaves

This is some of the conversation between Sevea and I at the dinner table on a Sunday night the other weekend.

Me to all three kids: Thanks for being so great today…and helping with the cleaning this morning with no complaining.

Sevea: At first I felt like we were just being your slaves.

Me: Well who does the laundry and the dishes and …

Sevea (with a nothing but serious face): Well who keeps you laughing?

Sevea: 1 Mom: 0

Troy wasn’t feeling good and so I tried to keep the kids and I busy all day to let him rest. We went to McDonald’s for lunch and spent time playing at the play place. Special treat of cold stone ice cream after. Sevea went to play at a friend’s house while Cohen, Brynna, and I went to the library. Although Troy being sick wasn’t fun for him, the kids and I had a really good day together. Even if it started out with them being slaves.

20170507_18151120170507_16284320170507_163238

No comments:

Post a Comment