After this weekend of temperatures in the 80’s I think reminiscing about winter weather fun is an ok thing to do. Way back in January I was lucky enough to join Sevea’s class for a field trip to the National Wildlife Refuge. I’m not one to use lucky and the refuge in the same sentence anymore but this trip was snowshoeing. Both Sevea and I are definitely not naturalists or even real big lovers of nature so having three field trips to the refuge every year takes the fun out of going. One thing we haven’t been lucky enough to experience was snowshoeing. Thankfully this year there was enough snow. Not only was there enough snow but we actually got to see more than scat (poop). We saw a lot of tracks but the best part was evidence of an animal attacked by an owl. You could see the wing marks in the snow. It may gross some out but this was way better than walking around trying to find anything interesting to show the kids in your group. Maybe this trips excitement will help me through a couple more years of the refuge field trips with the next two kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment