Troy and I were never ones to let our kids sleep in our bed with us. I remember one time that I brought Cohen into bed with us and it was short lived. Sevea I can’t recall a single time. She did sleep next to our bed on the floor if she was sick or something but never in bed with us. Well then Brynna happened. As an infant we still never slept in bed with her. There were many many many nights sleeping with her in the chair but we just weren’t comfortable with her in the bed. This fall however we went through a lovely stage of her not wanting to go to sleep alone. The once closed door then had to be cracked open. The monitor had to be turned on and right away. Then there was the bowl. She felt like she was going to be sick one night. Bring on the bowl. It was with her to go to sleep every night. This stage also had her getting up in the middle of the night coming to sleep with us. But not just her but also the bowl. We couldn’t have been happier that we had purchased a king size bed because that certainly made these nights tolerable. Now they weren’t ideal and we did eventually get her back to her room because Troy was ready to not have someone kicking him in the back all the time.
Those nights surely made for a more tired Brynna. Naps on the couch and on mom happened for the first time in forever. Holding my baby girl while she slept was a decent trade-off I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment