So birthday's aren't really a huge deal for me. I love celebrating other people's and I absolutely love having a daughter that I can plan parties for. But mine just seems like another day. This year has been a pretty good one. Normally Troy and I don't necessarily get presents for each other. Maybe he wanted something and we bought it for his present. But this year I got him presents and an anniversary present so he really wanted to actually get me something without me purchasing it with him. Now these were not exciting gifts at all but they were thoughtful because he remembered things I had mentioned I wanted. So what were they? I got an electronic food scale (this one was really impressive since I mentioned it months upon months ago and haven't really said much since), a banana holder (I was excited for this because he got one that matches our utensil holder...that was impressive), and then he got me a swiffer sweeper vacuum. Now this one was thoughtful since I will be doing daycare and doing lots of cleanup but I was hoping for a mop of some sort since I can use the broom/dust pan but I need something to get the sticky stuff off the floor...hello yogurt, applesauce, milk, etc. Anyway the presents were great but I loved that we got to go to Perkin's for brunch and then he was not only a great husband but a great dad and skipped watching the Vikings game to go to the local corn maze here in town (okay it was televised at the maze but he just peaked for some updates). The corn maze was great! We will surely go back again. The corn maze itself wasn't extremely entertaining but still interesting. The rest of it was a good time. They had a corn pit where you could crawl around and just have fun. They had some animals and different ones...we saw kangaroos!! And of course we didn't mind partaking in some fair type food! Sevea had a great time and for me that made my birthday a great one. I look forward to spending the rest of the night relaxing on the couch hopefully watching something other than the NASCAR I am being punished to watch :) I would have taken the Vikes anyday!!
Sadie, Eliza (Andrew's nieces) and Sevea at the front of the maze
Sevea playing the corn pit. She loved it but wasn't able to walk or crawl through it very well on her own.
Sevea and mommy feeding the Kangaroo!
Daddy helping Sevea feed the animals. It was awesome being able to feed all of the animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment