Monday, September 20, 2010

Figuring it out

So my daughter Sevea will probably be a topic of many posts. I'll just warn you now. I can't help it when she is so darn cute :) Anyway I think we finally figured out a way to start getting Sevea to use the potty. Okay I should say I figured it out!! hehe She hasn't wanted to sit on the potty for anything. If we bribed her with a cookie or something sure but that was one road I did not want to go down. Every time we would have her sit she would get up right away and fight sitting down. Other times she would not even sit since she would just want to take a bath instead. She just turned two so I figure we better at least get her used to sitting on the potty. We have to get that going before we can ever get her to actually go on the potty. So what finally did the trick? Books! She loves reading stories so we took a book into the bathroom today and she sat on the potty. She even sat right after taking a nap. I think we are on to something. I see a long road ahead of us but we seem to be on the road now.

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought!!! A book on the potty, she really is growing up. HE HE!!

    ReplyDelete