It has been a month since my last update. Wow time surely is passing quick this time around. Which I won't complain about. I was just talking to Troy the other day about how long pregnancy truly is. It doesn't seem like a lot but when I considered that it is pretty much a year of your life it really hits ya. Well worth the year but just crazy to think your body is growing a child for so long.
How I am feeling: This section hasn't changed much and I am forever grateful. The dreaded H word has still yet to rear its ugly head. Sure I've had a few more instances where it felt like it might be coming but I only have taken tums once which is a huge change from Sevea. If the heartburn myth is true, I wonder if this child will be bald! Otherwise I am still sleeping great. I've actually become more comfortable in the past couple weeks. Troy and I even camped with our friends over Memorial Day weekend and oddly it was some of the best sleep I have gotten in a long time. I was nestled in a super comfy sleeping blanket with extra blankets on as well and I think it just created the most comfortable cocoon. I never would have guessed air mattress sleeping would have been so nice at 28 weeks.
Names: The topic everyone wants to hear about!! This time around it is much harder than with the first pregnancy. Troy had chosen Sevea while we were still in college and actually not even married yet. Over time it grew on me. He also chose the boy name back when the OC was on t.v. and we weren't yet expecting. So it is weird to not have names decided. It is also very weird to not feel overwhelmed with this fact. We still like the boy name we had chosen but are keeping our eyes open. We have yet to decide on a girl name what-so-ever. We are not traditional name people but yet we don't like overly weird names either. It is a fine line for us I think. Luckily I recently found a website that I think could be a big help and I also received another cute one from my friend Michelle. http://www.nymbler.com/ and http://www.babynamegenie.com/ The second one is pretty funny to read although the little I played with it I don't think it will give us our name....a little too traditional of choices but I do love the full name approach. It could provide middle name choices if we needed it. With less than 3 months to go we better get going on this!!!
The bump: The bump is surely growing. I don't like many of the maternity clothes I had with Sevea since most make me feel huge and just aren't as flattering. Luckily I am making due for now but plan to give in and get some shirts that I feel good in. I'd rather pay a little money to feel cute than wear the clothes I have and feel frumpy and big. Here is a picture of me earlier this week at 28 weeks 4 days.
Appointments: I had the one hour glucose test and failed. My attempt to limit carbs that day did not go as planned. I had to take the 3 hour with Sevea so I wasn't surprised getting the news. The 3 hour test went okay and I have heard back I do not have gestational diabetes. I was preparing myself either way saying that if I had it I would certainly help Troy lose a couple lbs instead of being such a hindrance :) But I am going to enjoy not being on a diet a little longer since I know my plans after baby include one. Weight gain is still far better than it was with Sevea and I am thankful. Anyway appointment...I have another appointment on June 20th and then it is every two weeks for a month then every week. I can't believe I am already so close to that point.
Well I think that is all I have for an update. Until next time!!
You look great sis, glad things turned out at the doctors. Can't wait for the big day. Have you figured out how you are going to manage your daycare as the date gets closer? How about the fact you will now have an infant? Will you have to turn away any new or existing clients? How does it fit in with the idea that you guys were tossing around about watching Grayson when Carissa returns to work?
ReplyDelete