Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 32 Update

Hard to imagine I only have 8 weeks left (give or take). I just know those weeks will go by so quickly. It is sort of scary to think about how much life will change at that time. For me, right now the emotional side of having another child is something I am trying to prepare for more than caring for one. I think I can handle that. It is preparing myself to realize that Sevea will not be my one and only child anymore. She has made the experience as first time parents so enjoyable. I tend to forget that this wonderful child wasn't the best infant and still woke up at night and still needed lots of attention just like other babies. She isn't perfect after all. But the age she is at right now makes me forget all the normal infant stages they have to go through. So although we didn't have it bad by any means caring for her as an infant, I need to remind myself of those times. She has really made this job of parenting easier than either Troy or I could have imagined so I need to come back to reality that this child will be unique and special in its own way. Everyone says that your heart just grows with the addition of a new child even though you couldn't imagine how. But I still feel like recognizing Sevea for who she is and remembering that this child will be special as well no matter if they are as well mannered as Sevea. So for me it isn't the duties of having another child that I am preparing myself for, it is more the comparisons of one child to the other.

How I am feeling: Surprisingly there are still many times I forget I am pregnant. Which is something I surely can't complain about. However to sort of contradict that in a way, there are more times I notice I am pregnant as well. I just took a class for daycare this week and had to sit in a board room style chair. During the class the baby was making itself known so much that it was difficult to sit in the chair. Sure I was feeling kicks but it was more the area of those kicks. So many were down towards the pelvis that sitting upright was just not comfy. This was something I never experienced with Sevea. I also get good kicks that actually make me jump in discomfort. These are all nice discomforts though. I love being able to feel the baby so much more this time around. (Hence why we assume this one will be a stinker just since it is more active already..hehe)

My energy level is certainly dropping. I notice I get tired more as well. With Sevea in the first trimester I would fall asleep on the couch at 7:00 and wake up refreshed. Otherwise I never felt a huge change in my energy levels. With this baby I maybe had a week at most of tiredness in the first trimester and nothing like Sevea. So this change in energy is new to me. But I honestly think it could be because of my new lifestyle. Working outside the home doesn't allow for the "downtime" I have each day at after lunch nap time. Sitting on a couch reading a book or watching tv for me makes me notice my lack of energy way more than if I was taking a break at a job.

Otherwise I have been feeling good. Heartburn is an occasional occurrence now. But still happy to report that maybe once a week I take a tums (which aren't nearly as bad as I remember with Sevea....maybe because I am taking less of them....or maybe I grew up a little...haha). Otherwise I may get heartburn and it goes away as quickly as I notice it. I have some real drops in energy at times where it feels like I could get sick but know I won't. I normally remedy this by eating which helps. After talking with my doctor about my glucose test, it is clear as to why this happens. It normally happens right around supper time. There are times that my afternoon snack is not substantial enough to get me until dinner 3 or so hours later. My doctor said my 3 hour level is where I struggle so to avoid this I need to eat more protein with my afternoon snack. Makes total sense, this snack tends to be small at times and normally maybe a cracker or something the kids are having. Days I have protein like peanut butter or even some cheese this feeling doesn't happen. Another reason having a good doctor is so important, I never even knew the breakdown of my results with the test I had with Sevea.

Food: Enough of my boring babble...some interesting things when it comes to this pregnancy and food. I craved chips and cheese with Sevea. Troy often joked that I craved chips all the time so pregnancy was no different. No it was. I remember eating chips almost nightly (maybe that is where all the weight came from :) This time I haven't had any cravings that have lasted the full time and we don't have chips in the house at all times either! This time I have things that sound great and I pretty much OD on them. It was fruit and yogurt parfaits in the beginning. Then meat, cheese, and pickle sandwiches. Freshly cut fruit. Then it was fruity candy like jelly beans, skittles, or mike n ikes. Can't forget the craving for baked goods but especially chocolate cake (weird one because I much prefer white or marble normally). Now...chunky applesauce with something crunchy (rice cakes or animal crackers crumbled) and a dollop of cool whip. YUMMY!! An old co-worker of Troy's had given him homemade applesauce his grandma had made as a thank you gift. I had created this concoction then but never again since the applesauce was chunky. Well as I was getting applesauce the other day I noticed they sell chunky now. If you like apple crisp totally try this! The chunky applesauce is more grown up to me. Love it! You can heat it up before adding cool whip or just eat it cold. I love it either way but cold keeps the cool whip from melting which is important to me. Much healthier than having apple crisp too.

Baby bump: The bump is growing! I thought it would be fun to compare the growth from 25 weeks to 32 weeks. Mostly because I happened to wear the same shirt which can be nice for comparison sake :)
25 Weeks
32 Weeks
 Someone else wanted to be apart of the picture taking action as well.
 
Speaking of Sevea, she really seems to get the whole idea of the baby. She even said we were going to the hospital to get the baby. I think all the talking has paid off somewhat. She just keeps thinking it will be Grayson...or that is what she says leads us to believe. This comes from us talking about Grayson being in Carissa's belly and coming out and going to the hospital, etc. Who knows maybe she is telling us it will be our own little Grayson :)

Appointment: My last appointment was on Monday the 20th. Things look good. The baby has turned with the head being down. Yeah baby, keep it that way! The doctor said most babies will stop moving (changing positions) around 33-34 weeks so I am excited to get to that appointment and see what we are dealing with. I am now onto 2 week appointments so my next appointment is Friday July 8th. Until then :)

2 comments:

  1. So you would be glad to hear that I was reading your blog with Andrew's family and they commented on how great you look. They were saying how small you look. Looking good and I think Sevea is looking pretty good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal Pearcy-BlowersJune 29, 2011 at 12:08 PM

    I think you should post photos of your 1st pregnancy to have side by side comparison.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete