His personality is one I am truly enjoying. He loves to snuggle with his favorite resting spot being his head/cheek pressed up against your cheek. I could spend all day that way. He loves to pound his legs down. He will do this when he is tired or when he is excited or just to play. It is just fun to watch. He continues to be pretty easy to entertain. You smile or talk and most likely a smile will be shot your way. He entertains himself by playing with his tongue and making bubbles. He really loves his hands and has really found his thumb this month. He is much more aware of it and has even put himself to sleep on the floor sucking his thumb a couple times. Since he is rolling over he spend a lot more time on his belly these days. He tends to roll over and then not roll back.
I think a big part in his attitude change has been his sleep. He has always been a pretty good sleeper if we are talking the amount of sleep. He did really well at sleeping in his crib at night but took 100% of his naps in the swing. Once he turned 4 months we knew the swaddle and swing had to go so we transitioned him from using the swaddle and to taking all his naps in his crib, along with putting himself to sleep. The transition went well. His sleep is now predictable (most days) and he seems to thrive off of this new routine. He normally takes a 45-60 min nap after 2 hours of waking up. Then between 2 - 2.5 hours later he takes a 2 hour or so nap. Then again is up for 2 - 2.5 hours and takes a 45 min or so nap depending on what time it is. He then goes to bed at 7:00 and sleeps till 6:30 or 7:00 most days. We still have 1 or 2 wake ups during that time but he goes back to sleep with no problem. He'll occasionally wake up right around 6:00 but we have learned he isn't ready for the day. He will easily drift back to sleep in my arms and then sleep sometimes till 8 or later. He LOVES his sleep!!
Each month brings new changes and it is so fun to write them down and see how much he truly is changing. Cohen smiling or playing with a toy doesn't seem all that monumental but then when I remember what he was doing as a newborn, it makes me realize it is just as big as the crawling or walking milestones. And I am ever so grateful I get to witness it all. As always we love you Cohen!
| This was Sevea's favorite toy, he thinks it is okay too :) |
| Enjoying a different view to play with toys |
| This is his preferred food vehicle, maybe this next month he will get the hang of solids |
| Jumperoo time, he doesn't jump much yet |
| But does enjoy his fingers and looking at everyone |
| I found my thumb and put myself to sleep while mom wasn't looking |
| This is probably his favorite toy, I don't know how we didn't have one before. Thanks Katie! |
| At his 4 month appointment the doctor heard some wheezing so this month has been filled with breathing treatments. He does extremely well with keeping this close to his face. |
Oh my goodness, how he has changed. Love the update. He is getting to be such a big boy right before our eyes. I love love love that little boy and how I can squeak a sound out and he is happy as can be. I like to think that it is because I'm special but if I'm realistic it is probably because he is so special. Love ya Cohen!
ReplyDelete