Saturday, January 7, 2012

What's up Doc?

No need to adjust your screen. The color is supposed to be white. That is because this is not a carrot. What you are looking at is a parsnip. I decided we'd give them a try after seeing them on a food blog that I read. Parsnips are very similar to carrots in appearance and taste/texture. Sevea really likes raw carrots so I told her to try this white carrot. She happily took a bite and what do you know, LOVED it. I cut them up and decided to roast them just like I do with carrots. She wasn't a fan of this method just as she doesn't like cooked/roasted carrots. When you roast them they become a little more sweet which could possibly be a better thing when it comes to kids. Just not mine, well we will see if one of them will like it once we feed Cohen the baby food I made with it :) But some one else had no problem enjoying a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment