Thursday, August 9, 2012

A playset or a car…or maybe both?

IMG_4017

What does this look like to you? A playset? Yeah that is what I see as well. But to a kid this is more than just a playset. It is more than just some ridiculously fun swings. Side note: I have a love hate relationship with those swings. Love them for this reason:

IMG_4025

It calms a kid down like you slipped some medicine in his milk. Case in point…Grayson had a little cold making him a little irritable at certain points of the day, especially close to pick up time. In the swing he was the calmest kid on the block. Sometimes I think he would swing all. day. long. Which is one reason I hate the swings. None of the kids have learned to pump their arms and legs (or choose not to do it) so I am on pushing duty pretty much the entire time outside. Over and over and over…and over again!

So anyway what else did that picture look like to you? A car? No it didn’t look like to me either. But through the wonderful imagination that children possess that is exactly what it became.

IMG_4028

Sevea drove the “car” to the ice cream store. But along the way we encountered many things that got in our way. There was a bunny rabbit that we found some carrots to feed so he would move out of the way. An elephant somehow ended up in the backyard in the way. Give an elephant peanuts and you are back on your way. With no boundaries on one’s imagination we never did make it to the ice cream store ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment